A strategy determines when and how to present an Einstein Next Best Action recommendation on a Salesforce Lightning record page. For example, if you want to offer a discount to a subset of customers, create a strategy that collects the appropriate customer records and identifies the discount option to present. To create a strategy, you can use Flow Builder or Strategy Builder. In this blog, we will tackle the Strategy Builder strategies.
Before tackling the Strategy Builder, it is worth mentioning what is Einstein Next Best Action. EinsEinstein'st Best Action is a solution that uses flows, strategies, and the Recommendation object to recommend actions to users. It is very beneficial in the Yes/No Problems in addition to Numerical Problems. You can display these recommendations on many different types of pages, including Lightning pages in your Salesforce org, Experience Cloud sites, or external sites. Einstein's Next Best Action incluEinstein'smain approaches that were mentioned above which are Flow Builder and Strategy Builder.
There are several steps in order to achieve the Next Beto
- Planning Your Recommendations and Automations
- Build a Flow
- Create Recommendations
- Create a Strategy (This is where we use Strategy Builder)
- Display Next Best Actions
What is Strategy Builder?
It is a point-click automation tool that works with Einstein Next Best Action to determine which recommendations are surfaced on the record pages.
The Strategy Builder Elements that can be utilized:
- Enhance Element: Get AI-driven predictions from tools like Einstein Discovery and Einstein Prediction Builder to supplement Next Best Action suggestions with extra data like propensity ratings. Every time a strategy is used, the Enhance element lets you instantly change a set of recommendations. These suggestions may be static and present in Salesforce as records, or they may be dynamic and derived from other data sources or other Salesforce objects.
- Load Element: The initial component of a strategy branch is load. Filter and load a recommendation object's records. Alternatively, you can import and filter any object's data, then use the Map element at the end of the strategy to turn them into suggestions. Which of your recommendations are considered when your strategy is put into action depends on your load components.
- Generate Element: When a huge number of options make it difficult to manually construct suggestions, you can use the Generate element to dynamically generate personalized recommendations. You can generate in-memory, real-time suggestions using the Generate element and either external data sources or other Salesforce objects.
- Filter Element: Make an expression that, depending on the situation, enables you to prevent or filter out undesirable recommendations. Every recommendation moves through the branch and is tested against the expression.
- Limit Reofferes Element: Count the number of times a user sees a certain recommendation. You can choose how long to wait before displaying a recommendation again and how many times the user must respond to a recommendation.
- Map Element: Without writing any Apex code, you may create and edit existing fields using formulas by using the Map element. It instead uses formulas and expressions. To transfer data from a Recommendation field with one name to a Flow input with another name, use the Map element. Alternatively, you can use it to add context-specific information to the Description, Name, and other fields' existing values.
- Sort Element: Choose how recommendations are ordered within a branch and reorder them using Recommendation fields.
- Branch Merge Element: Combine recommendations from multiple branches into a single branch.
- Branch Selector Element: Create distinct phrases for each branch and use a branch selector to filter several branches. The branch's recommendations are accepted and consolidated into a single branch if the phrase is true.
- First Non-empty Branch Element: You can filter branches based on the order in which they appear on the canvas using the first non-empty branch element. All other branches are prohibited save the first one that provides recommendations.
Why use Strategy Builder rather than Flow Builder?
There are some features that some features are Builder which are:
- Limiting the number of times some recommendations are shown
- Can Display recommendations on a site outside of Experience Cloud
- Einstein Recommendation Builder's AI-generated recommendations are displayed
To Conclude, using Strategy Builder can be very beneficial as it will aid the user and make it easier to serve their goals. Having a Strategy is fundamental to ensure success.